Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Things Jake Says That Make Me Gag

So here we are, it's Bachelor Season! And our new bachelor is, of course, the ridiculously and annoyingly perfect pilot, Jake.  I definitely don't dislike Jake, but he annoys me like you wouldn't believe.  I'm all for finding love and happiness, but I can not stand the whole cheesy everything-is-a-fairy-tale kinda guy.  Literally, three minutes into the show I had compiled a decent amount of quotes for my list of "Things Jake Says That Make Me Gag."  I have no doubt that this list will grow continually through the season.  I will definitely get to this list, however, I must comment on how equally cheesy and annoying and often stupid the twenty five women are.  So I am also compelled to make a "Idiotic Women of the Bachelor and the Brilliant Things They Say" list.  I do not understand how these girls come onto this show already "in love" with this guy and as soon as they don't get a rose they totally break down. Oh please. 
Halfway through the first episode, when they bring Jillian and Ed back to help Jake decide all I could think was, "Okay, WHY?!" I'm pretty sure some boy that dumped me would be the very last person I would want anywhere near me let alone helping me decide on my next boyfriend. 

"Things Jake Says That Make Me Gag"
  • "The most powerful emotion is love.  Love is perfect. It endures."
  • "Flying is like a drug. It bites you and your hooked. Just like being in love."
  • "I really feel it on those stormy days. Like a Sunday where its raining all day where you wind up laying on the couch all by yourself when you could be all cuddled up in bed with someone next to you"
  • “I am not a member of the mile-high club, but I’ll leave you with this: I aspire to be, no I don’t aspire to be, I will be.” 
  • "Love is more powerful than flying"


"Idiotic Women of the Bachelor and the Brilliant Things They Say" 
  • "Me and my puppy have mommy daughter days and we get all dressed up in our pretty sundresses and sit outside at a little cafe. I'm hoping to bring her home a daddy!" - Vienna
  • "My name means little rose in case you need a little help remembering me at the rose ceremony" -Roselyn
  • "You should buckle your seatbelt, because your in for a bumpy ride"- Roselyn
  • "Do you have a registry for these guns?" -Jessie
  • "How does it feel to be talkin' to the woman you are gonna marry?" -Ella
  • "Heads I stay, Tails I go. Lucky for you its a double sided coin" -
  • "Allow me to fly your plane, and i'll allow you to ride my Harley" - Alexa
  • "Jake, you can land your plane on my landing strip anytime" - Channy
  • Jake-"so do you fly?" Michelle- "I, um, would, um, love to be a passenger on your plane."

Wow, it's like they get smarter every season!

I enjoy spending my monday nights making fun of these brilliant women, however, I do love the show. And there are a few girls on the show I do like and I hope make it to the end.  My front runner is definitely Tenley. 
Come on Tenley!!

1 comment:

  1. I so badly wanted him to see Michelle be sent home just so we could watch a MELTDOWN!! But looks like we will have at least another week for that.

    My front runners:
    Ali - because she is so darn cute
    Elizabeth - I thought she would be too hot and sexy, but the football move totally won me over.
    Tenley - super cute, but not a fan of ballet dancing on the beach. Then again, half the things they do on the show are all posed by the show. But we still love it ;)

    ReplyDelete